This past Sunday marked Pilchuck's 2014 Open House!
All of us here at Pilchuck were delighted to open our doors on Sunday and take the opportunity to share what we do with the public. The experience for each of the hundreds of people that came through the campus was different. Whether you participated in hands-on activities, or watched demos, toured the studios, went on a hike of lesser known campus locales, or did it all, one thing was constant: we saw smiling faces wherever we went!
We'd like to thank everybody who made the event possible:
- All of our volunteers for providing information and support for each visitor
- All of the dedicated 'Pilchuckers' who conducted demos and aided in the hands-on activities
- Dante's Inferno Dogs and Random Acts of Food for the delicious concessions!
- Yogoman Burning Band for the amazing music!
- And each staff-member who helped get everything up and running (and cleaned up when it was all over)
Now it's back to business as usual for us . . . looking forward to next year!
Spaces are still available for our summer courses! Click here
or explore the "Summer Program" menu above to learn more.
Financial assistance is available for some courses. Call the registrar to learn more: 360.445.3111 ext. 29
James Harmon & Brynhildur Thorgsdóttirir
July 29-Aug 15 (Session 5) LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP!
Explore personal communication with the natural world through sandcast and mold-blown glass. Students will create narrative sculptures that investigate personal myths, taking inspiration from the Pilchuck campus and focusing on abstraction and the exaggeration of found objects from nature. Processes demonstrated will include making positives with wood, clay, and Styrofoam, sandcasting, mold blowing, incorporating other materials, and finishing options.